I’m still working on our interdenominational Christian ABC crafts for my homeschool co-op, and it’s time for the letter Q. Now, Q is a tricky letter to come up with a craft for, (in Catholic ABC’s we make a Queen Mary craft) but my friend Stacy helped me out with an idea that goes with Q, and works well for St. Valentine’s feast day as well.
- Q tips
- Red and pink tempera paint
- White card stock
- White Glue
The Q is for the following Bible verse:
“Deep waters cannot Quench love, nor floods sweet it away.” – Song of Songs 8:7
I made a printable sheet of this verse that you’re welcome to use, or if you’re not concerned with the letter Q you can use any love Bible verses that you’d like.
To continue with the Q theme, the Valentines are also painted with Q-tips. This is so much fun for kids!
Put the paint on paper plates with several Q-tips in each color. Cover your table with something to protect it. Cut 2 hearts from each piece of cardstock, and let the kids paint the hearts however their little hearts desire!
This is a great craft for kids of all ages! You can make the hearts fade from red to pink…
…use the dots to make patterns…
… make little pictures with the dots…
or any other style you like!
Be sure to cut lots of hearts out when you begin because your kids are going to like painting quite a few of these!
Allow the hearts to dry and add your love themed Bible verse. You can also glue a piece of ribbon to the back so these can hang.
When we made these with my preschool class, the ribbon was glued on the back in advance. Although my class is kinda young to make patterns or anything, they still had a blast making these!
Be sure to check out my other St. Valentine’s Day resources below.
- Open the Eyes of My Heart, Lord Craft
- John 3:16 Valentine’s Day Craft
- Printable Valentine’s Day Countdown Chain (with love themed Bible verses to read each day!)
- Free Printable Bible Verse Valentines
- Immaculate and Sacred Heart Cookies
- Healthy(ish) Valentine’s Day Snack for Kids
- St. Valentine Paper Bag Puppet Craft
- Easy Heart-Shaped Cinnamon Rolls
- Decoder Valentines
- Clever Pairing Valentines– fun snacks that pair with love-themed Bible verses.
- Fun Kid’s Drink for Valentine’s Day