Here are some fun resources to help you teach your kids about the Pope!
Here are some crafts you can find here at Catholic Icing that I’ve made with my kids when learning about the Pope. (What’s really great about crafts is you can get the kids working on them, then talk to them about the Pope while they craft.)
- Pope puppet– You can make a Pope paper bag puppet using the templates from my Saint Puppet Ebook. There are tons of templates in the book, so you can piece a pope together in many different ways! You can also make Cardinals.
- Printable Pope Francis Craft– this little guy is pretty easy to go together, and his Liberty Bell is optional 😉
- Pope Miter Craft– these are not for wearing, they are made out of toilet paper tubes. Super fast, easy, and fun.
- Vatican Flag Craft– These are super easy and cheap to make. You could easily make these with a whole classroom.
- Edible Vatican Flag– I know this sounds weird. You’ll just have to click the link to see what I mean. 😉
- Craft a Little Pope or Cardinal hat. This only takes about 5 minutes and 25 cents.
I’ve also been searching the internet for Pope activities, printables, etc, and made a little round-up for you! (Thanks for everyone’s help on facebook rounding these up) 🙂
- Printable Pope coloring pages and paper doll– this is pretty cute and free to print in black and white.
- Papal Lap Book– A whole lap book about the Pope that is free and FABULOUS! I have to say, Jessica has really out-done herself with this one! If doing the entire project feels a little overwhelming for you, consider just using some of her printables.
- Pope Francis printables packet set
- You and your kids can adopt a Cardinal to pray for through the election process.
- Make a Pope Miter! Classic. 🙂
- Electing the Pope file folder game– The Catholic Toolbox never fails me! 🙂 This game is free to print, as are all of her other amazing Catholic games for kids.
- Vatican Flag printable coloring.
If you know of more Pope resources online for kids, please leave the links in the comments! 🙂