Jesse trees can be so different from family to family. They can be bought or made, the ornaments can be crafted out of practically anything, and I love how unique and beautiful they all are! Here a round-up of my favorite Jesse Tree resources to help get you started in this rich Advent tradition!
First of all, check out this amazing Jesse Tree resource- a totally free downloadable ebook! This book is simple to use, and great for use with little kids. In addition to telling you what symbol your ornament needs for each day, it has a scripture verse, a simple prayer, and a song paired with each day. She really did a great job pairing up already-known children’s songs with the theme of each day. I knew almost all the songs she has listed (with the lyrics you need, by the way), and the ones I didn’t know are easily found on You Tube. So many Jesse Tree books are very heavy with lots of readings that are over kid’s heads, but I have to say, this one seems right on. What are you waiting for? Download it free here.
1+1+1=1 also has another Jesse Tree books that is free for downloading as well. It also looks like a great set!
Crafting Jesse Tree Ornaments
- Probably the easiest way to make a set of Jesse Tree ornaments is to print them. I absolutely love this free printable set from Michele Quigley.
- Another popular way to acquire Jesse Tree ornaments is to have a Jesse Tree ornament swap. Check out how this works here.
- Here is a free printable version of Jesse Tree ornaments that your kids can color each day. They could each color their own set. These are very simple. Here’s another coloring set you can print for free.
- As far as crafting your own ornaments, here are some super cute examples of Jesse Tree ornaments made from felt, microwavable clay, paper, and even magnets! The possibilities are seriously endless, so be creative!
What to use as a Jesse Tree
- A fake tree
- A branch from the yard
- Or even build one out of tinker toys!
You can also host a “Jesse Tea” where you serve foods that go with each day’s theme. Check out the food ideas here.Pin It