We’re still plugging along with our Christian ABC’s series, and I needed a Bible craft for the letter “O”. I decided to make a craft that goes along with a Christian song! (Pretend I’m singing this to you now, Ok?) “Open the eyes of my heart, Lord, open the eyes of my heart. I want to see you…. I want to see you!” How was my singing voice? 😉
- Construction paper (red or pink and a contrasting color)
- Large googily eyes
- School Glue
- Black marker
- Craft embellishments (glitter, jewels, buttons, sequence, whatever)
Start by folding your red or pink paper in half and cutting a heart. (I cut ours out ahead of time because I teach preschool.) Give the kids some bottles of glue, and your fun craft embellishments, and let them have a good time!
Add the giant googily eyes, also with your school glue. Then you can glue it onto a full piece of construction paper. Let the kids choose their favorite color.
Write in “Open The Eyes Of My Heart” and add a smile with your black marker. So simple and cute! I accented the “O” in our version so the parents of my preschool class would know this was our letter craft this week.
These were fun, and it’s nice to have some religious crafts to do for Valentine’s day. I will be posting another Christian Valentine’s craft soon, so stay tuned! 🙂
- John 3:16 Valentine’s Day Craft
- Printable Valentine’s Day Countdown Chain (with love themed Bible verses to read each day!)
- Free Printable Bible Verse Valentines
- Immaculate and Sacred Heart Cookies
- Healthy(ish) Valentine’s Day Snack for Kids
- St. Valentine Paper Bag Puppet Craft
- Easy Heart-Shaped Cinnamon Rolls
- Decoder Valentines
- Clever Pairing Valentines– fun snacks that pair with love-themed Bible verses.
- Fun Kid’s Drink for Valentine’s Day