Have you downloaded Holy Week In Handprints yet? Don’t forget to make your first pages tomorrow! 🙂
I’ve told all of my kids that they can each make their own book, and they’re really excited! Here is the schedule we are following for making our pages.
- Saturday before Palm Sunday– cover
- Palm Sunday– pages 1 and 2
- Holy Monday- page 3
- Holy Tuesday– page 4
- Spy Wednesday– page 5
- Holy Thursday– pages 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
- Good Friday– pages 11, 12, 13 14, 15
- Holy Saturday and/or Easter Sunday– pages 16, 17, 18
- Bind the book when the pages are finished drying, and read the story together! 🙂
At first I was thinking there’s really a lot of pages for Holy Thursday and Good Friday, but then I realized that these are really important days, and I do want them to be a big deal and to cover everything that happened.
For anyone who’s going to be picking up last minute supplies, here’s a list of everything you need:
- White paper
- A few pieces of pastel colored paper
- Some Paint Brushes
- Paint (I suggest washable children’s paint or tempera paint.) You need the following colors:
- Flesh Colored
- Grey (which you can mix your own by adding a little black to some white paint)
If you get this starter pack of “classic colors” Crayola paint, you’re only missing black and flesh colored. (Things are always better to buy in a pack, especially if you’re going to use one of those 40% off 1 item coupons.) If you’re in a pinch, you can mix flesh colored by lightening the brown with a white and adding just a dab of red to peach it up a little. However, you can’t mix black, but you can also purchase many additional colors separately at Michael’s.
If you don’t get black paint, you can add the black details to your pictures with a sharpie, but you’d have to let the paint totally dry first.
We are looking forward to rolling up our sleeves and getting our hands dirty this week! Can’t wait! 🙂